Friday, April 14, 2006

Nice Shot!

My level is now taking a bit of time to load, so I thought I'd add a levelshot so I could virtually see my level being built. For those who don't know what a levelshot is, I'll explain it:

In the orignal id maps, you'd see a screenshot of the level you were about to enter along with text and a loading bar. Thanks to someone on Doom 3 World, I found out how to add one in. It's not that hard. E-mail me if you want to know how to do this surprisingly easy task. There's basically only two steps past adding a couple of folders.

Anyway, here's my levelshot (click to enlarge). I took an old picture (just to test it out), converted it to *.tga and added in a bit of scripting (actually, I modified someone else's script). The text is also a test and will change slightly on release.

Research Labs Sublevel 13 levelshot
I also added a little extra section onto my map. I only have a couple more rooms to add and it'll be ready for... adding detail.
Oh, and Happy Easter, just in case I forget.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks great, Skul! You'll have to show a tech demo or something later so we can see how it really looks!

- JC ;)

4/16/2006 11:22:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I suppose I could FRAPS it... but then, the free version only records about thirty seconds or so.

There's got to be a similar program that can record for longer...

I could always learn to do cutscenes, in which case, I could make a thirty seconds cutscene and FRAPS that.

4/16/2006 11:32:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home